Monday 1 November 2010

Cold steel 2011

I am off to Cold Steel at Grippingbeast towers next January. So I thought I would paint myself a new army for the occasion. After last weeks disaster which you can read about in the battle report I sold off most of my Vikings to Dave. This seemed like a good idea at the time, but with only around 10 weeks before the event I will be hard pushed to paint a 1500 point force. I have a lovely box of plastic Hirdmen, as well as around 100 hundred various metal Vikings ready to paint. Also at the Derby show a couple of months ago I took advantage of Westwinds offer and bought around 200 of their Age of Arthur figures which are dying for some paint. So with the 10 week deadline in mind I have decided to.... PAINT BOTH!! Yes i know it makes no sense. So without further ado here is a photo of the first figures of my new armies, the new generals. Gripping Beast Viking and Westwind Warlord. Both were a real pleasure to paint, I guess mainly because rather than batch painting I actually concentrated on just the above models, A much more enjoyable experience. The Viking which is the free give away from GB plastic box set is now my favorite Viking model, which is no mean feat as I have painted a few in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I have recently had a few comments on old posts that i missed, so to make sure i dont miss anything i have added the moderator settings
thanks for taking the time to comment :o)